Female sexual dysfunction is mainly followed by various symptoms such as:
- Lack of sexual desire
- Less pleasure during sexual intercourse
- Dryness of the vagina
- Inability to achieve an orgasm.
Cause of female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD)
Female sexual dysfunction is caused due to various reasons. The main reason for female sexual dysfunction is the loss of libido. Libido is referred to sexual desire or sexual urge. It is a common phenomenon in women to experience loss in the desire for sex after some period. It is experienced after sudden drop in the testosterone levels. Testosterone is a naturally occurring sex hormone in human body. The testosterone level starts dropping significantly after :
- Menopause – The time in a woman’s life in which the menstrual cycle ends.
- hysterectomy – Surgical removal of the uterus.
The detailed causes for female sexual dysfunction are listed below :
- Physical – Health disorders such as arthritis, urinary or bowel difficulties, pelvic surgery, fatigue, headaches, other pain problems, and neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis can lead to female sexual dysfunction. Some medications also tend to decrease sex drive and the body’s ability to achieve orgasm.
- Hormonal – This condition is mainly associated with the drop in the testosterone levels. The drop in the testosterone levels occurs after giving birth and during breast-feeding. Dryness in the vagina leads to decreased sex drive.
- Psychological and Social – Conditions such as untreated anxiety or depression can lead to female sexual dysfunction (FSD). Worries, conflicts and emotional stress can also trigger female sexual dysfunction.